Listen to the January Write On! Meeting on Blog Talk Radio. Michele Wallerstein, author of MIND YOUR BUSINESS: A Hollywood Literary Agent’s Guide To Your Writing Career, answered member questions about finding an agent.
Some advice from Michele Wallerstein from the show:
– If you can’t move to California, find events, conferences, and film festivals, etc., in your area, so you can meet people and network
– At the beginning of your career focus on one genre and have three good scripts ready to go in order to get an agent/secure a writing job. Once you are a name, you can venture into different genres.
– As long as your agent is working for you, keep him/her. And be nice and respectful your agent’s time.
– Start with a small agency. Once you’ve made it, the big agencies will try and steal you. If you are happy with your agent, stay.
– If you write screenplays and novels, you may to keep them separate, and have a different agent for each.
* * *
Also, enter the January Challenge: Excuses. Submit your 200- to 400-word Excuses in the body of an email to Debra@WriteOnOnline.com by Monday, January 31. Please also include your name and the type of writing you do along with your submission. For prize info and more information, go to Write On! Online.
The next meeting will be on February 9 on Blog Talk Radio.
Happy Writing! Write On!Tags: Blog Talk radio Debra Eckerling January Meeting Michele Wallerstein MIND YOUR BUSINESS: A Hollywood Literary Agent’s Guide To Your Writing Career Write On! Online Writers Support Group