Some of Danny’s tips from the show:
• Rewriting IS Writing. It’s what will give you longevity and success in your writing career, especially in screenwriting.
• Be your script’s Guardian, not it’s Mommy. Be open to changing everything and do what’s best for your story, not for you.
• Do as many drafts as necessary, there’s no special number but it’s definitely more than two.
• Rewriting is different than polishing. Although you should definitely do a polish once you’re script is rewritten to the best of your ability.
• Your first step in the rewrite process might be to go back and compare and contrast between your script and your original outline/treatment/plan for your story and see where it differs and why.
• When you’re ready, share it with a few people, find a consultant you trust, and/or send it out to the world.
* * *
Follow @DannyManus on Twitter.
Listen to our entire conversation:
* * *
July 16: June Write On!/Guided Goals Hangout at Capital One 360 – Los Angeles Café, 11175 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles. Swing by the cafe for coffee and conversation. RSVP on Facebook. (Parking is free in the building. Space is now limited to 6 cafe spots, so get there early. There is also metered parking nearby.) Love the Café? Write a review on Yelp!
Write on!Tags: Blog Talk radio Danny Manus Goals Lee Jessup Michael Wiese Productions Rewriting Screenwriting Write On! Meeting Write On! Online Writing