Thanks, Lee Jessup, author of Getting it Write: A Insider’s Guide to a Screenwriting Career, for joining us for the May virtual meeting!
We talked about the mistakes screenwriters make, the importance of staying tapped into the industry no matter where you live, and more.
Some of Lee’s tips from the show:
• Have a great screenplay (naturally)
• Outline before you start to write
• Be consistent and methodical in your marketing
• If you live out of state, watch webscasts, listen to podcasts, and participate in virtual pitch fests
• Sign up to receive industry news on Deadline Hollywood.
* * *
Listen to our entire conversation:
* * *
May 21: Join us for the May Write On!/Guided Goals Hangout at Capital One 360 – Los Angeles Café, 11175 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles. Swing by the cafe for coffee and conversation. RSVP on Facebook. (Parking is free in the building. Space is now limited to 6 cafe spots, so get there early. There is also metered parking nearby.) Love the Café? Write a review on Yelp!
Write on!Tags: Blog Talk radio Deadline Hollywood Events Lee Jessup Los Angeles Screenwriting Write On! Meeting Write On! Online Writing